Since 1954, EPi has been a leader and innovator in the development and manufacturing of metal-plating and finishing products.
EPi supplies industrial and consumer clients worldwide with traditional and custom-created solutions for metal plating, finishing, and cleaning. EPi is known for providing customers with superior knowledge, advice, and service.
EPi was the first to introduce a number of products to finishing and plating industry:
- The first single-additive, inorganic-based brightener for cyanide copper plating: E-Brite 23-11R
- The first single-additive brass-plating process: E-Brite B-150
- The first bright leveling single-additive nickel-plating process: E-Brite 717
EPi is proud of its latest product advancements:
- E-Chrome™ Ultra Blue is a blue bright single-dip passivation with superior salt spray resistance to white rust to 150 hours.
- E-PASSivate Yellow Red trivalent passivation also resists salt spray to white corrosion up to 250 hours. The color is comparable to hexavalent yellow.
- E-Kleen SR provides better adhesion and brighter finishes by removing difficult-to-clean metal working fluids and carbonaceous smut from steel.
- EPi is the only company to offer all three types of blackening processes—room, mid and high temperature—with the Kool-Blak 225 mid temperature process.
EPi has won numerous awards for the development of E-Brite 50/50, an alkaline non-cyanide silver-plating process that is a safer, cost-effective alternative to cyanide-based silver-plating processes:
- Governor's New Product Award, 1999
- GNPA Competition Recognizes Premier Wisconsin Product Development, 1999
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Hazardous Waste Reduction, 1999