Room Temperature, 65–85° F
Room-temperature black oxide processes are best for quick, safe, and convenient in-house and even at-home blackening. Use a room-temperature blackening process to give steel parts satiny, grey-black finishes and extra corrosion resistance.
Room-temperature immersion process for blackening aluminum. Ideal for decorative pieces and small machine parts, grommets, screws, and other hardware.
- Immersion blackening
- Blackening decorative pieces
- Avoiding hazards of hot-temperature blackening
Swab-on solution for blackening aluminum objects at room temperature. Black finish is consistent, colorfast, and of minimal thickness.
- Blackening aluminum and aluminum alloys
- Touching up scratches or imperfections
- Engravings, etchings, prototype parts, and non-anodized castings
Aluminum-blackening process that can be used as both an immersion and a swab-on solution. Easy-to-use finish that requires no special equipment or procedures.
- Blackening small items or decorative pieces
- Users who want a simple-yet-effective blackening solution
- Finishing items in various shades of gray, pewter, and black